Thursday 5 January 2017

Last of the one sided paper

A while ago I took my old documents, mostly statements, invoices, receipts, tax returns, reports, etc. scanned them to PDF files, and pulled out all the one side blank paper for printing off articles I want to read. Today I used up the last of the one sided paper. From now on I will either use two sided paper, one sided paper donated to me, or not print but read electronically. I get little physical mail these days so the incoming stream is small. This is a milestone of my campaign towards paperlessness.

PS 1: I shred the read documents in the office shredder, in case you are wondering. No way I'm going to put documents with sensitive information in the paper recycling bin.

PS 2: I still keep the last 6 years for tax reasons. See next PS.

PS 3: To be precise, there will still be a small stream of one sided paper as documents that no longer need to be retained become available to recycle. Also real estate agents put flyers in my mailbox despite the No Junk Mail sticker so that provides about one sheet per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment